Asunción is the capital of Paraguay and is well known for its colonial architecture. Lopez palace houses the president’s office. Apart from the historical importance it has become the retail hub and offers great nightlife. If you like to explore the land the following are the must-see places.
- Natural History Museum, Botanical Garden, and zoo – great place to have fun with family
Natural history museum exhibits local or indigenous objects. The natural park has paths where people can go for jogging and walking. The small lake with seating facilities offers relaxation. The zoo in the botanical garden allows visitors to learn about wild animals.
- Centro Cultural Juan De Salazar – the right place to watch cultural shows
The cultural center has a library and a garden. Cultural exhibitions are held regularly here. Evening activities like theater, cinema and music are free on weekends.
- Mercado 4 – buy things cheaply
This is a great market in Asuncion where you will be able to buy any items at a cheaper rate. You can get clothing, good street food, and souvenirs and leather goods, etc.
- Paseo Carmelitas – best place to enjoy shopping and night life
This gallery offers many stores to shop during the day and night and the restaurants, pubs, and bars are the ideal place to spend your night at Asuncion.
- Estación Ferrocarril – the must-see railway museum
Estación Ferrocarril has the display of the first train that ran between Asunción and Encarnación. There are other railway related items also on display. This has now become the venue for theater shows, recitals, and concerts.
- Conmebol – learn the history of South American football
Conmebol is the South American football federation and it is headquartered in Luque. It has a sports history museum, which depicts the sport’s history of South America. The museum has impressive and informative, providing exhibits.
- Manzana De La Rivera – the complex of restored houses
The oldest house of the complex, Casa Viola depicts the history of the urban development of Asunción.